DoctorGeek offers professional training programs and services to higher education, non-profit organizations, and small and medium-size businesses. We specialize in offering technology training and consulting to higher education.
- We offer hands-on technology training workshops tailored to fit client needs and interests. Depending upon the topic and learning goals, workshop can run from two hours to one or two weeks. Longer workshops are project-based. Participants learn by doing. Workshops can be dual-platform, or specific to Windows or Macintosh software. Follow-up support is available online 24/7/365.
- We also offer customized design and delivery of e-learning curriculum and instructional design support and consultation.
short theoretical and technical workshops
Two-to-four hour hands-on training workshops and seminars, depending topic and client goals. Longer, more intensive workshops on several of these topics are available.
electronic communication health & safety - safe computing, email etiquette, protocols, and management
website design principles and best practices
Microsoft Word is a word processor, not a typewriter
effective presentation skills (no bullets or templates!) using PowerPoint or Keynote
reaping the gold - smart web searching demystified
instructional technology practice and theory - the good, the bad, and the ugly
a quick look at improving teaching and learning with technology
best practices in teaching teachers and trainers to be online instructors
technology - a perfect tool for fostering active learning
instructional design principles and best practices
how to encourage academic integrity to discourage electronic plagiarism
Intro to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Entourage; Adobe Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, Acrobat and other software training workshops
safe computing - how to keep your computer out of harm's way
longer project-based, hands-on workshops
(1 or more days, depending on your goals and the topic)
- web development
- introduction to website development
- do it yourself - intensive web design training
- effective presentation skills with PowerPoint or Keynote
- Microsoft Word is a word processor, not a typewriter
- course management systems - online learning theory, Sakai
- focused workshops digital editing, preparing graphics for the web, etc.
Workshops on other topics can be developed to meet your objectives.
Contact DoctorGeek for more information today!