Sometimes it's a struggle to keep up with technology.... even if it is your business. Not only does computer technology change so fast, but often it hard just to figure out what's important. It's also hard to write regularly, at least for some of us....
DoctorGeek's Tech Tips offers remedies to make your computing life a little easier, more professional, and/or healthier - and sometimes extraordinary web sites worth visiting.
To keep up with new technologies, I blog tech tips periodically. Read tech tips and meanderings.... random thoughts from someone who's been "earning her bread on the Net since before the beginning of time" at doctorgeek.blogspot.com/. The easiest way to read them is to go directly to the blog.
more tech tips
- Would you like to help your favorite charity while searching for sites on the web? Search the Net and access sites while accruing donations of a penny per search for your favorite charity. An example of 21st-century online community service. GoodSearch is such a good site it's stayed here for several months. Okay, and yes, I've been busy too....
Learn more >>>
- Are gas prices getting you down? An example of how the web puts practical, up-to-date information at one's fingertips, GasBuddy lists high and low gasoline prices anywhere in the US and Canada.
Read more >>>
- Would you like to deliver effective presentations with technology? Review 7 essential presentation guidelines, explore online and print tutorials, locate free professional PowerPoint templates and graphics, sound, and video resources, and read some thought-provoking articles about the world's favorite presentation software here, at DoctorGeek's other web site.
- Safe computing
- Using public computers while traveling - be cautious!
- Sending business email like a pro
* * * * * * * * *
"So far, the computer industry has succeeded by using change to its advantage.
- Every 18 months, advances in technology virtually double the amount of computing power a dollar will buy.
- In the last 35 years, computer performance has increased by a factor of one million while the entry level price of a computer has decreased by a factor of 1,000.
- If automobile development had moved at the same speed as computer development, your luxury car would cruise comfortably at 1 million miles per hour, get a half million miles per gallon of gas, and sell for under $2.40."
Source: CSPP Change in Technology at ibiblio.org, "one of the largest 'collections of collections' on the Internet, ibiblio.org is a conservancy of freely available information, including software, music, literature, art, history, science, politics, and cultural studies."
got the technology blues?
let DoctorGeek help you find the cure.
Our mission is simple, today and always - to provide high quality, personalized computer services at fair prices.